Sunday, January 31, 2010

Secure Online Shopping

It's pretty obvious by now that I am a big online shopping fanatic! You can compare prices and shop for deals all from the comfort of your own home, saving time and money. Of course, online security is a valid concern for many and so I want to share some simple tips.



First, ensure you have a good anti spyware and antivirus program on your computer - I use Norton 360 which protects my computer and identity without slowing down my computer, as some other programs can.


Secondly, I look for a security seal that shows that site is a secure shopping site. And of course my credit card agreement protects me from unauthorized use. These simple steps help to keep me and my accounts protected. However, there is a greater threat that too many people fall victim to and that is "phishing". Over that last few years these crooks have become more and more sophisticated with their scams, however they all follow a similar pattern. Basically a fake emails is sent from you bank or PayPal account telling you to click and enter your account information, including password - and voila - they have access to your account! Remember, a real bank would be very unlikely to do this and if in doubt call the bank and ask - it's always better to be safe than sorry.


Anyway, you can rest assured that IslandBargains.com offers secure online shopping with delivery to the Bahamas & Caribbean and satisfaction is guaranteed - so, as always - happy shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment